HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Insurance, Risk Management & Reinsurance Industry Almanac, 2018 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Insurance and risk management make up an immense global industry. According to a survey conducted by a leading global insurance firm, Swiss Re, worldwide insurance premiums totaled $4.73 trillion in 2016 (the latest data available), down from $4.55 trillion in 2014. This was equal to about 6.3% of global GDP. Global life insurance premiums were $2.62 trillion during 2016, while all other types of insurance totaled $2.12 trillion.
- Plunkett Research lists top 350 companies in the Insurance Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-456-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-796-1 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 350
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the insurance business including:
Introduction to the Insurance Industry
- Aging Populations Create Challenges and Opportunities for the Insurance Industry
- Sophisticated Risk Management and Prevention Programs Lead to Lower Losses
- Independent Agencies Continue to Dominate Commercial Insurance, but Play a Lesser Role in Personal Lines/Life Insurance Sales Fall in the U.S.
- Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grow
- Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to Be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
- Annuity Account Managers Create New Product Strategies
- Major U.S., Japanese and European Insurance Firms See Vast Promise in the Chinese, Southeast Asian Market and Emerging Markets
- U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 Rewrote the Rules and Increased Coverage, But Costs Continue to Rise
- Employers Fight Rapidly Growing Health Care Premiums/Require Employees to Pay a Significant Share of Costs
- Insurance Companies Change Strategies Due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Rapidly Rising Costs of Care
- Hedge Funds Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
- Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
- Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $26.6 Trillion
- Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II Takes Effect
- Financial Technology (FinTech) Is Driven by Mobile Payments, Lending, Insurance and Online “Robo Advisors”
- Drones Save Time and Money in Safety Inspections and Insurance Adjusting
Insurance Industry Statistics
- Insurance Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Property-Casualty Insurance Companies: 2013-1st Quarter 2017
- Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Life Insurance Companies: 2013-1st Quarter 2017
- Typical U.S. Automobile Insurance Costs, per Year: 2017
- Employers’ Costs for Health Insurance, Amount & Percent of Total Compensation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2010-2016
- The Nation’s Health Dollar: 2017 Where It Came From (Estimated)
- Number & Percent of Persons of All Ages with and without Health Insurance Coverage, U.S.: 1999-2015
- Number & Percent of Persons without Health Insurance Coverage, by Age Group, U.S.: 1999-2015
- Affordable Care Act Overview
- Medical Care Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2017
- Retirement Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2017
- Life Expectancy at Age 65, U.S.
- Employment in the Insurance Industry, U.S.: 2011-July 2017
- Employment & Earnings in Insurance Industry Occupations, U.S.: May 2016
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Chubb Limited
- Metropolitan Health Networks Inc
- National Security Group Inc (The)
- Aetna Inc
- AFLAC Inc
- AIG American General
- Alfa Insurance
- Alleghany Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Hanover Insurance Group Inc (The)